Preparing your Quilt for Quilting
- Please ensure that your quilt top is well pressed and all loose threads have been trimmed.
- A row of stay stitching applied 1/8" around the edge of the quilt will help prevent it from stretching and it will keep seams that run to the end of the edges from separating.
- Ensure your backing is square ~ Sides need to have straight edges and corners should have right angles.
- If you are piecing your backing, please remember to sew sides together using a 1/2" seam allowance.
- Press your backing seams open.
- Backing needs to be 4 inches larger on all sides compared to your quilt. For example, if your quilt is 70"x 96" than your backing should measure 78"x 104".
- Sheets will not be accepted as backings.
A 10% discount will be given to those using extra wide backing with no piecing.
- Batting needs to be 3 inches larger on all sides compared to your quilt. For example, if your quilt is 70"x 96" than your batting should measure 76"x 102".
- I do not carry a large inventory of batting so if you wish to purchase from me let me know so I can quote you a price and verify my availability. If you choose to bring your own, please ensure that your batting is suitable for machine quilting.
Please note: An additional labour charge of $20/hour will be added for any miscellaneous work (ex. seam repair, piecing, squaring up backing, etc.) Customer will be advised of any additional work required before proceeding.